Even though it entered the social media scene late, TikTok has repeatedly shown that it is welcome. With so many young people using the site, companies and brands see the importance of having a presence there. Previously, we discussed the growth of TikTok and its purpose in greater detail.
TikTok Statistics in General
Can you tell me how many TikTok profiles there are? So what is it about TikTok that has made it the sixth most popular social media platform? TikTok may be used to increase brand recognition and public relations if you know how. How widespread is TikTok’s user base? The interest of marketers in TikTok data continues to expand.
It’s remarkable that TikTok has become the app with the highest growth rate. Some users may have thought the app was just a fad, but its popularity and financial success have shown that it is here to stay.
Statistics of TikTok’s Users and Audience
Brands may benefit from TikTok demographics by gaining insight about the app’s user base. How old is the average TikTok user? Where can you find the greatest concentration of daily TikTok users?
In order to assist you locate your ideal audience on TikTok, we have compiled some relevant user statistics. Find out how much time they’re investing in the platform, and use that information to better reach out to them.
TikTok Usage Statistics
Users of the video-sharing app TikTok have some of the highest activity rates of any social media demographic. They’re using it to make and distribute films, learn about and buy novel things, promote and consume content created by others, and locate new material to produce.
In fact, many users spend more time on the site than they had planned due to the constant stream.
Market Research on TikTok
In recent years, marketers have begun to focus on using TikTok to promote their clients products and services. More and more businesses and brands are allocating resources towards video sharing and content marketing on this platform because of its enormous user base and direct access to Gen Z and Millennial customers.
In terms of ad income, TikTok outpaces both Snapchat and Twitter. (Ad Age)
- TikTok provides a variety of advertising options for businesses, including channel takeovers, hashtag challenges, video commercials, influencer marketing, augmented reality glasses, customised filters, and more.
- The daily cost of a brand takeover can range from $50,000 to $100,000. This data was collected from Influencer Marketing Hub.
- That will set you back $600,000 for a six-day hashtag challenge. According to (Influencer Marketing Hub),
- Currently, the maximum length for a TikTok video is 10 minutes (originally, videos could only be up to a minute long).
- TikTok video advertising may direct consumers to your website, app, or a customised landing page.
- Commercials on TikTok begin at $10 per 1000 views, with a $500 campaign minimum. According to Influencer Marketing Hub,
- Advertisements on TikTok are often more costly than those on Facebook or Instagram.
- TikTok’s engagement rates are often greater despite its higher prices. For median companies, the engagement rate per follower is 4.1%, which is six times greater than Instagram’s 1%. (RivalIQ)
Sources of More Data about TikTok
TikTok is not like other social media platforms, and that’s a good thing. The app provides businesses with fresh channels through which to reach out to members of the Generation Z demographic, humanise the brand, and win over long-term brand loyalty.
With our social media monitoring suite, Meltwater assists companies in tracking real-time TikTok statistics and hot themes. See what visitors are interested in, how they are interacting with your content, and how you can improve your approach based on hard facts.
If you want to take your social listening to the next level, schedule a demo now.